Open Face Apple Pie

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your holiday was great. We celebrated at my house this year. It was a smaller feast than last year, both in numbers and in scale, but we still had a good time. This recipe was one of the pies that I made this year.

Open Face Apple Pie

1 single crust pie crust in 9 inch pie pan
2/3 c. sugar
2 Tb. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
5 c. peeled, cored, and sliced apples
2 Tb. soft butter

In large bowl combine sugar, flour, salt, lemon peel, lemon juice, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Toss gently with apple slices. Arrange slices in pie pan, then dot with butter. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Then remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.

I especially like this recipe, as I am not crazy about pie crust. It's the filling I love. If you buy the crust, the frozen ones are so much better than the refrigerated ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry-Glazed Turkey

Diamond Cookie Pie

Soda Cracker Candy